Windshield Repair Helps Save the Environment
When you repair your windshield, rather than replace it, you made a decision to help preserve the earth.
By repairing your windshield, rather than replacing it, you need not worry that you are contributing to the ever-increasing volume of our landfills or causing energy to be wasted.
Windshield repair is one of the original "green" processes. In addition toi saving time, money, and preserving your windshield's original factory seal, repair also helps preserve our environment.
Advantages of Windshield Repair
1. Windshield repair is environmentally friendly, as windshields are not recycled.
2. Windshield repair does not break the original seal of the windshield.
3. Windshield repair saves time. A repair takes 15-20 minutes compared to two hours for most windshield replacements.
4. Windshield repair saves money. The price to repair a windshield is a fraction of the cost of replacement.
5. Repair is popular. More than 10 million windshields are repaired every year.
Used Windshields Deface Our Environment
Because of the plastic inter layer it contains, laminated glass cannot be recycled easily. At this time, there are no recycling facilities available anywhere in the United States that recycle windshields.
Nearly 12 million windshields are replaced every year. These windshields end up in junkyards and landfills where they will last for thousands and thousands of years.
Plus, the replacement windshields are made through a process that requires the use of high amounts of energy, particularly in the form of gas and electricity.